PLEASE NOTE: The CookBook Clipper is being replaced by our new web app and browser extensions.
The recipe clipper allows you to clip recipes directly from websites on your PC or laptop. Add the Bookmark to your browser, navigate to the website you want to import and tap the Bookmark to start the import.
- Head to the CookBook website and sign in using the CookBook account you created on the app https://thecookbookapp.com/signin
- On the menu bar on the left hand side, click on 'Clipper Tool'
Please note, for the clipper to work best we recommend using Chrome or Firefox
- Add the Bookmark button to your Bookmarks:
- For Firefox: Right click on the button and click 'Bookmark this link'.
- For Chrome: Drag and drop this Bookmark button to your 'Bookmark' toolbar. Note: You may need to enable the Bookmark toolbar or sidebar. For most browsers, pressing 'Ctrl + Shift + B' will toggle it on and off.
- When viewing a recipe you want to import, click the Bookmark link. CookBook will then attempt to read the recipe and will let you import this into your CookBook.
If your CookBook clipper is not working please check the below:
- Please ensure your browser is not set to 'private browsing' or 'incognito' as this will clear your cookies and logins and will not remember that you were logged in to CookBook
- Ensure cookies are enabled within your browser
- We recommend using Chrome or Firefox
If you are already doing all of the above please click on 'Submit a request' and explain the issues you're having along with screenshots.