You can bulk export / backup your recipes in a Zip of HTML or YAML formatted files from within the CookBook app.
- Open the CookBook App
- On the homepage tap on the side menu icon in the top right corner
- Scroll down to 'Settings'
- Scroll down to 'Backup / Export Recipes' and select either YAML or HTML. This choice depends on what you plan to do with them.
- HTML - Recipe file you can open in your browser. This contains industry standard tagging too easily import them to other platforms.
- YAML - Recipe data file which can be accepted by other platforms (i.e. Paprika)
- Once the export completes, you an save or email the .Zip file
These files contain all of your recipe content and can be viewed, imported to other platforms or saved as a backup.
Images are not embedded within the file, these images link back to our image servers where we store millions of other CookBook images. If you plan on leaving the platform, other recipe apps will be able to import these images from our servers for their own storage.
If you want to take these recipes offline, get in touch and we can send you a zip of all of your images and recipes.