CookBook can import some known file types within the app including .HTML, .PaprikaRecipe and .FDX files.
CookBook can also import any plain-text recipe file which is in a modern machine readable markups / formats including HRecipe, Microdata, Recipe schema and JSON-LD.
To import from a file on the app:
- Tap on 'Add recipe' from the homepage/dashboard
- Tap on 'From a file **'
- Select whether you are importing your file from your photo library, take a photo/video or browse on your devices file manager.
- Once you have navigated to the recipe file, tap on it.
- If CookBook has not been able to find some of the recipe data it will pop up and tell you what it's missing - this may be due to malformed data or non standard industry formatting.
- From here you will move into the recipe edit screen.
- Move through the tabs (About, Ingredients, Method) and add all of the other recipe details along with your chosen tags and a recipe photo.
- Once done hit 'Save'.